poetry and old-time music
Poetry: Books, readings, teaching. Books include The Arborists (MoonPath Press, February 2023); Mytheria (Two Sylvias Press, 2017); The Cupboard Artist (Floating Bridge Press, 2012); Now (Bear Star Press 2007); and By A Thread (Van West & Company, 2000). Also Exercises to Free the Tongue, art and poetry collaboration with Ellen Ziegler, featuring poems and archival photos about my grandparents’ lives as ventriloquists on the vaudeville stage.
- New/old album release! Dram County (Colin Harris, Dan Tenenbaum, and Molly Tenenbaum) recorded this fiddle/banjo/guitar trio of old-time music in 2006, and have finally gotten to mixing it (thanks to Paul Elliott and David Cahn) and making it available!
- I’m excited to be teaching two four-week clawhammer banjo classes at Dusty Strings starting Saturday, January 20, 2024: Descriptions here soon!
- The Arborists: New poetry book from MoonPath Press in March of 2023! Order directly from the store! Also available through Indiebound, Barnes & Noble and Amazon.
- Visit my Bandcamp page to download music or order recordings.
- Check out some banjo tunes on my You Tube Channel.
- Need clawhammer banjo lessons? Contact me to inquire about availability for private lessons. For banjo classes, check the Dusty Strings website and sign up for the Dusty Strings mailing list for announcements of the banjo classes I offer there.
- Watch and listen: Online reading from The Arborists with MoonPath Press and Ronda Piszk Broatch, author of Chaos for Beginners.
- Poem, “I Would Rather Go to Home Depot than Publicize My New Poetry Book,” at Radar Poetry.
- Two poems in Hayden’s Ferry Review, the Tiny Architectures folio.
- New poem, “What Have You Not Done Yet?” up at The Shore.
- Read “There Will Be Beauty” at DMQ Review.
- Read “Sounds Heard from Inside the Ashes Box” at The Cortland Review.