poetry and old-time music
Poetry: Books, readings, teaching. Books include The Arborists (MoonPath Press, February 2023); Mytheria (Two Sylvias Press, 2017); The Cupboard Artist (Floating Bridge Press, 2012); Now (Bear Star Press 2007); and By A Thread (Van West & Company, 2000). Also Exercises to Free the Tongue, art and poetry collaboration with Ellen Ziegler, featuring poems and archival photos about my grandparents’ lives as ventriloquists on the vaudeville stage.
Music–old-time clawhammer banjo: Recordings, lessons, concerts, square dances. Recordings include Instead of a Pony, and Goose and Gander.
- The Arborists: New poetry book from MoonPath Press in March of 2023! Order directly from the store! Also available through Indiebound, Barnes & Noble and Amazon.
- Watch and listen: Online reading from The Arborists with MoonPath Press and Ronda Piszk Broatch, author of Chaos for Beginners.
- Visit my Bandcamp page to download music or order recordings.
- Check out some banjo tunes on my You Tube Channel.
- Need clawhammer banjo lessons? Closed to new students for summer 2023, season of camps and music festivals. Contact me in October 2023 for online or in person lessons, depending on how the pandemic is going. Contact me in Fall 2023 for details.
- American Banjo Camp, September 7 – 10, 2023, Port Orchard, Washington. Workshops, classes, all banjo, all the time, old-time and bluegrass styles.
- Two poems in Hayden’s Ferry Review, the Tiny Architectures folio.
- New poem, “What Have You Not Done Yet?” up at The Shore.
- Read “There Will Be Beauty” at DMQ Review.
- Read “Sounds Heard from Inside the Ashes Box” at The Cortland Review.